Monday, January 25, 2010

Easiest Coconut Bon Bon Recipe


About 10 years ago I went to a candy making class and they gave us a book of recipes. I love coconut so one of the first ones I tried was the coconut bon bon recipe. It looked easy and only had 3 ingredients so that was my kind of recipe. After I tried it once I was addicted. I have made these coconut bon bons for every type of event and with every color chocolate wafer there is. This is equally good with chocolate and vanilla melts in my opinion. I made some recently for work for valentine's so I thought I would share these easy treats.


Here is the 3 ingredients you need:

14 oz - coconut
1 cup - light corn syrup
Chocolate melts

Here is what you do:

1.) Pour coconut in bowl














2.) Pour corn syrup in microwave safe dish.















3.) Heat corn syrup for 1 minute in microwave

4.) Pour corn syrup over coconut and mix well














5.) Refrigerate a couple hours(I usually refrigerate overnight but it is not necessary)

6.) Remove from fridge and form coconut mixture into balls and place on wax paper













7.) Melt chocolate

8.) Dip coconut balls into melted chocolate













9.) Decorate as desired or just leave as is














When I make these for parties they are always the first thing to go. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


No comments: