Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fancy Nancy Costume







My daughter's school doesn't have a "normal" halloween dress up day like we used to when I was in grade school. They have a week of activities like wear a hat day, backwards day, team spirit day, and the final day is dress up as your favorite book character day. So this year Natalie decided that Fancy Nancy would have to be the character she dresses up as. I have to say my eyes lit up because she doesn't usually want to dress very fancy :) So I went to JoAnns and found some great hot pink silky fabric and some light pink with sparkles fabric and went to town on a "fancy" skirt. Then I headed to goodwill to find a shirt I could alter into something fancy. Then it was off to the dollar store to find all the fancy accessories. One last stop put me at Michaels searching for something to fancy up her shirt. I found the pink glitter iron on letters and the rhinestone iron on butterfly...YEAH!!! Her hair took a while in the morning with all the feathers, bobby pins, and crowns but in the end I think she turned out fancy fabulous.

No comments: