Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chalkcloth Gift Tags



Turns out chalkcloth gift tags are very easy to make. All you have to do is buy some chalkcloth, some double fold binding tape and some eyelets. Cut the chalkcloth into a rectangular shape. Sew on the binding tape on both of the short sides. Cut to fit. Then sew the binding on the long sides. If you doing a bunch of them at one time just daisy chain them through with the binding tape. Punch a hole into one corner of the chalkcloth with the top of a pen. Then hammer the eyelet in. Thread a ribbon through and you have chalkcloth gift tags. Reusable and very cute. I will be using these for Natalie's teachers this year for their Christmas Gifts. Try it you'll like it :)

2 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I just walked by chalkboard cloth today! This is very cute.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I bought chalk cloth to make placemats for my kids...they turned out horriby! So now I've got lots of chalk cloth and you've given me a new way to use it! Thanks! xo, Nan