Friday, October 3, 2008

Halloween Tree




The story of how this tree came to be....I was looking through the Better Homes and Gardens Halloween Special magazine and I saw "the tree". I said I would love to have one of those. My DH in his usual manner said "I could make that easy". Hmm... {Deposit in back of my mind}......Move forward a few weeks later...My DH says he needs to go get some wood to make himself a video game cabinet. I say why don't you pick up the wood to make me that tree that you said would be so easy. He said ok. HUH! It was that easy to convince him. And now I have a spooky tree coming up my driveway since it was too big to fit into the house(8 ft). I scanned the tree pics into the computer, printed them onto transparencies and then he shot them up on his plywood and traced and cut with jigsaw. It took him a few hours but he did a great job. Next time he says he can make something I'm going to say let's go get the wood right now :).

Oh yeah...the sign in case you can't read it says FOUTHOUSE> It used to say OUTHOUSE and it was a $1 at the dollar store...hehe

Happy Halloween!

No comments: