Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pillowcase Envelope Pillow


I collect pillowcases. I just can't help myself when I see one with an interesting pattern I pick it up. It's already sewn so I usually just adjust it a little bit and make something else. I've made pillowcase dresses for my little girl, little skirts for her, and a few other things. Today I was playing around and made a 4th of july envelope case for some pillows I didn't like anymore. Here's how it turned out and it took about 5 minutes to make. Basically you stuff a pillow form into the bottom of a pillowcase. I had to add a little extra batting to make it fuller on one side. wrap the other end of the pillowcase like a present and sew around side that looks like an arrow before you fold it back and sew on a button. Then flip over onto the pillow form...Wallah you have a envelope pillow in less than 5 minutes.

No comments: